Sections in This Article
- About Inbox Items
- Benefits of Inbox Items Over AERs
- Features Exclusive to Inbox Items
- Transition to Inbox Items
- (21R1 and Earlier) Enable Inbox Items Checklist
- (All Vaults) Enable Additional Inbox Item Capabilities
- Inbox Item Resources
About Inbox Items
Inbox Items are replacing AERs as the new Vault object for case intake. Inbox Items have significant functional and usability benefits over AERs that will make intake and duplicate search more efficient. Like AERs, Inbox Items capture the basic report information and can be promoted to a new or follow-up Case.
In 21R2, Inbox Items became available to all Vault Safety customers.
The following timeline briefly summarizes the transitioning from AERs to Inbox Items:
We recommend transitioning from the use of AERs to Inbox Items.
All AER features are supported by Inbox Items.
AER creation is disabled and using Inbox Items is mandatory for all customers.
AER promotion is disabled.
Benefits of Inbox Items Over AERs
The following lists some of the major benefits that Inbox Items provide and that AERs do not:
- More efficient intake with the ability to enter multiple child records directly on the same page
- More efficient verification with the ability to view source data (e.g. E2B) on the same page
- More efficient duplicate search
Features Exclusive to Inbox Items
The following features have been added for Inbox Items but are not available for AERs:
Note that we will be delivering additional Inbox Item features not listed in this table in future releases as well.
Transition to Inbox Items
AERs are being phased out. No new functionality is being added to AERs. Using the new Inbox (Inbox Item) is currently optional. In 22R1, we recommend that customers start using Inbox Items for manual intake. All customers should be using Inbox Items for intake by 23R3 (December 2023).
You have the option of gradually transitioning to Inbox Items or making the transition in one effort. For example, you can continue using AERs for manual intake and start using Inbox Items for E2B imported Cases.
For vaults created in 21R1 or earlier, an administrator must follow the checklist below to enable Inbox Items in your vault. Configurations will depend on the release from which your vault was originally deployed.
Vaults created in 21R2 or later include the basic Inbox Item configurations by default. However, there are additional capabilities you can enable, if required. These are outlined below.
(21R1 and Earlier) Enable Inbox Items Checklist
The following steps outline the list of configurations an administrator must perform to enable Inbox Items in your vault:
Enable Inbox Items
- Refer to the appropriate section depending on when your vault was created:
- Vaults Deployed in 20R3 or later
- Vaults Deployed in 20R2 or Earlier
Enable Manual Study Intake on Inbox Item
Enable E2B Import to Inbox Item
(All Vaults) Enable Additional Inbox Item Capabilities
After an administrator has enabled Inbox Items in your vault, they can perform additional configurations to enable more Inbox Item capabilities.
Enable Inbox Item Follow-Up Case Compare
Configure Email to Vault Safety Inbox Item
Local Language to English Intake
Inbox Item Resources
Use the following articles to learn more about how to use Inbox Items for Case intake:
- Case Intake Overview
- Create an Inbox Item Manually
- Import an Inbox Item from an E2B File
- Perform Local Language Intake
- Inbox Item Field Reference
- Inbox Item Follow-Up
- Case Compare Page Animation: Familiarize yourself with promoting Inbox Items to Follow-Up on the Case Compare page by interacting with our animation.