Sections in This Article
Note Depending on your Admin's configuration, object, field, and section labels, lifecycle states, and workflows may differ from the general information on this page. Refer to your organization's business processes for guidance.
About Case Triage
After you promote an Inbox Item or AER to a Case, the Case is ready to be triaged.
During Case triage, you must review the Case and enter the seriousness criteria. The seriousness criteria determines whether the Case requires expedited reporting and the due date for reporting the Case to regulatory authorities.
Note This page describes the Triage task in the default Case Processing workflow. If your organization has a custom workflow, follow the recommendations in your business standard operating procedure for triaging Cases.
You must be assigned the Intake role to participate in Triage tasks.
Start the Triage Task
- To accept a Triage task, go to Home > Available Tasks, and then in the row for the task that you want to complete, select Accept.
You can also accept the task from the Case page. If you do not see the task, it may be assigned to another user or role.
- Go to Home > My Tasks, and then select the name of the Case that you want to triage.
The Case page appears.
- In the Triage task banner, select Complete.
The Triage window appears.
Triage a Case as Serious
- In the Triage window, select Serious.
- In the Seriousness field, select the seriousness criteria.
- Select Complete.
Triage a Case as Non-Serious
- In the Triage window, select Non-Serious.
- In the Rationale field, enter the reason for marking the Case as Non-Serious.
- Select Complete.
The Triage task is complete and you move into the next phase of the Case Processing workflow.
The system populates the Due Date field based on the verdict and seriousness criteria. Case Processing Overview provides more information on how the system assigns Case due dates.