Sections in This Article
This page provides basic information about using Vault’s document editing and versioning features. Vault Help provides more detailed information.
Edit a Document Locally
- Go to the document.
- Expand the All Actions () menu, and then select Check Out.
The document is checked out and the
.docxfile is downloaded to your machine.
- When the download is complete, open the document in a text editor.
- When you are done making changes, save and close the document.
- Return to the Vault narrative document page, and then from the All Actions () menu, select Check In.
The Check In Document window appears.
- Under Upload new file, select Choose, and then open the narrative document.
- Under Version Description, enter a description for the changes, and then select Check In.
You can use collaborative authoring to edit documents with a Microsoft 365 Account. For more information see <a target=”_blank href=”https://platform.veevavault.help/en/gr/56838/”>About Collaborative Authoring on Microsoft Office</a>.
- On the document page, expand the All Actions () menu, and then select Undo Checkout.
- In the Confirm Undo Checkout dialog box, select Continue.
The document returns to the previous checked-in version.
View and Compare Versions
- On the narrative document page, expand the All Actions () menu, and then select Version History.
The Version History window appears, listing all versions of the document.
- To compare a previous version of the document to the current version, hover over the version, and then from the menu, select Compare Version.
The narrative document appears in the comparison view, highlighting the differences between the two versions.